DuraFoam Warranty Policy
DuraFoam a leading name in mattress manufacturing, is committed to providing customers with high-quality mattresses designed to offer comfort and durability. To demonstrate our dedication to your satisfaction, we offer the following warranty:
Limited Warranty Period:
This warranty is valid for the duration specified on the warranty card, commencing from the date of purchase.
DuraFoam Limited Warranty means that we will replace a defective product or repair or replace any part of a defective product due to faulty materials within the relevant Warranty period, subject to the discretion of the company and the limitations described in this limited warranty.
- Mattress Care
- Do rotate your mattress regularly (if it's flippable) to promote even wear and extend its lifespan.
- Do follow the manufacturer's guidelines for cleaning stains, using a mild detergent or a recommended cleaning solution.
- Do allow your mattress to air out occasionally by removing bedding and opening windows to reduce moisture.
- Do use a proper foundation or bed frame to provide adequate support for your mattress.
- Allow your mattress or foundation to become stained, soiled, or dirty.
- Jump or stand on your mattress. Misuse of this kind could cause unnecessary damage
- Place your mattress on any uneven surface.
- Keep the mattress rolled up for extended period of time
- What is covered under this limited warranty?
Mattresses are designed to work on a firm, solid, and plain surface, on a bed base that is structurally capable of supporting the weight of the Mattress and user(s). This Warranty does not cover your Product if you use it in a manner incompatible with the intended design.
This Warranty is limited to material defects resulting from defective materials or workmanship in the mattress you have purchased.
This Warranty covers manufacturing defects and craftsmanship issues that may arise during normal use of the mattress, subject to the limitations described in this warranty.
The period of coverage of the warranty starts at the date of the purchase. Upon the repair or replacement, the original date of purchase shall continue for warranty purposes.
DuraFoam reserves the right to categorise a product as "Out of Warranty" based on Company’s discretion and established standards specified in the Warranty Coverage below.
- What will DuraFoam do to correct the problem?
DuraFoam will examine the product and decide, at its sole discretion, if it is covered under this limited warranty. If considered covered, DuraFoam through its own service operations, will then, at its sole discretion, either repair the defective product or replace it with the same or a comparable product.
If this limited warranty covers it, DuraFoam will at its sole discretion replace the defective part of your mattress without any additional charges for the first two (2) years if the warranty is ten (10) years or above. For warranties of less than ten (10) years, DuraFoam will provide one (1) year of free-of-cost replacement service for the defective part. After Free Period, the customer will be charged for replacing the defective part by the warranty period left. Only the defective piece or component will be replaced, not the entire product, unless the whole product is faulty.
This doesn’t apply to any repair work which is not authorized by the company.
The company will repair the mattress or the damaged component as deemed necessary. However, once done, the company will not return the old, defective part or component of the mattress.
If the item is no longer sold by DuraFoam, DuraFoam will provide an appropriate replacement. It is DuraFoam that determines, at its sole discretion, what constitutes an appropriate replacement.
- Warranty Eligibility
To be eligible for this limited warranty, purchasers must retain a copy of the receipt and original warranty documents in his name as proof of purchase.
- DuraFoam Mattress Warranty and Responsibilities
The company hereby warrants the mattress, as sold to you in its original packaging, against any defects in material and workmanship as outlined below ("Defects"). This warranty is applicable for the duration specified on the warranty card, commencing from the date of your mattress purchase
When the Mattress is used generally for its intended purposes i.e., not for commercial use and on a bed base that is structurally incapable of supporting the weight of the Mattress and user(s).
- Warranty Claims
How to file a warranty claim?
If you believe your mattress has a defect of any kind, the steps to filing a warranty claim are straightforward, but it takes between 2 to weeks for warranty fulfilment. There are potential fees you may be required to pay during this process. These fees include but are not limited to inspection charges, transportation costs, and depreciation fees for replacement.
Notifications of claims under this limited warranty or other inquiries can be directed to the retailer from whom the mattress by DuraFoam was initially purchased, or if the retailer cannot be contacted, you can call us at contact number provided in the last of this policy and register your claim.
You can also claim the online warranty by visiting https://durafoam.com.pk/pages/durafoam-warranty-activation
or follow following the steps below:
- Scan the QR code available on the product size label and on the warranty card as well
- Click on the warranty tab
- Click on the warranty claim form, fill it and attach the required pictures
- Click “Claim Warranty Now”.
Kindly be advised that upon registration of the complaint, a unique complaint number will be promptly communicated to the customer through the same interface. Additionally, a confirmation message will be dispatched to the customer.
Further details or procedural instructions will be conveyed via telephone within a span of 3 working days.
Please note DuraFoam takes all efforts to complete these requests as quickly as possible and some cases can take longer than others.
In the event of a manufacturing defect in a component or feature of the mattress, DuraFoam ‘s sole and exclusive liability and your sole remedy under this Mattress Warranty will be subject to DuraFoam option, to repair or provide a replacement Mattress.
In the event that DuraFoam approves to replacement of the mattress or component, DuraFoam will replace it with the model, version, color, or style available at the time of replacement, which may be different in certain respects than the original.
If the old mattress is in the factory, then the company cannot provide an alternate mattress for temporary use in the meantime.
Replaced or repaired Mattresses are subject to the same limited Mattress Warranty as the original Mattress.
If you wish to replace a defective mattress with a more expensive mattress, you may be required to pay the difference in price between the original mattress and the more expensive mattress in addition to any applicable depreciation charges.
Process and timeline:DuraFoam may adopt the process, and deliver the repaired mattress, or a replacement thereof, within the timelines required for the said process.
- Warranty Coverage
- What is covered?
Defects that arise or appear in circumstances in which you have handled, maintained, and used the Product only for its intended household purpose and have not subjected it to commercial use or other conditions likely to cause deterioration or damage beyond normal wear.
Manufacturing defects in the mattress, including flaws in materials or workmanship that lead to visible indentations.
- Faulty Materials
- Broken, burst, or bent coils
- Sagging or dents which are not associated with normal use i.e. as defined above.
- Splitting or cracking of the foam, provided it is not the result of misuse.
- When the warranty is not covered?
- Invoice and warranty card not available.
- Mattress is out of warranty period.
- Damage to the zippered mattress cover due to improper care.
- Damage caused by fluid substances or burns of any sort.
- Damage caused by insufficient flipping or rotation of the mattress.
- Individual or personalized allergies and sensitivities.
- Product not maintained in accordance with the care instructions.
- Normal wear and tear, including minor softening of the mattress.
- Indentations measuring less than [Depreciation Threshold] inches.
- Warranty does not cover depression of less than 1.5″ in the 5″ thick mattress and depression of less than 1″ in the 4″ & less thick mattress.
- Damage caused by misuse, abuse, or improper handling of the product.
- Cosmetic issues or changes in appearance.
- Comfort preference (If you purchase the mattress and decide it’s not comfortable, a mattress warranty will not cover a replacement or exchange).
- Damage caused by service performed by anyone who is not an authorized representative of
- Mattresses not used on an appropriate foundation or support system, including those placed directly on the floor.
- The dimensions of the bed and its surface frame do not align with the measurements specified for the mattress.
- What Voids this Limited Warranty:
- Stains: liquid damage and irremovable stains on mattresses are unsanitary and unsafe to return to the warehouses
- Failure to flip or rotate the mattress- Rotating and flipping your mattress ensures it wears evenly and deters sags. If you fail to flip or rotate your mattress every three to six months, sags may appear sooner than expected, but as a result of improper care, leading to a voided warranty.
- Failure to unpack the mattress- If you leave your mattress in its box or zipper packing for an extended period (over 2 to 4 weeks), it can cause permanent damage.
- Unsupportive foundation- Mattresses need specific foundations to carry their weight and ensure they don’t sag prematurely.
- Replacement of one piece of your mattress does not mean the other piece will be automatically replaced.
- Prior approval from the company must be received before returning your product to an DuraFoam authorized dealer or service center. The customer should first get the complaint registered without the company’s approval the customer cannot visit a dealer to get a replacement for the mattress.
All transportation costs and the cost associated with inspection must be paid by User.
Under this limited warranty coverage, the mattress depreciates a certain percentage each year until the warranty expires.
To calculate depreciation on an approved warranty claim, the following formula will be used:
Depreciation Percentage = [(Number of Months since Purchase) / (Warranty Period)] * 100
Sample Calculation: If a mattress is  months old and the warranty is  months, the depreciation percentage would be [38 / 120] * 100.
The warranty is null and void if the product is found to have been subjected to misuse, abuse, or inadequate support.
Minor issues, such as minor softness, are not covered under this warranty.
- Warranty Solutions
If an approved warranty claim is made, DuraFoam will, at its discretion, provide one of the following remedies:
- Repair the mattress.
- Replace the mattress with an equivalent or similar model.
- Transportation Costs
Warranty is applicable on a ‘carry-in’ basis i.e. the cost of transporting the mattress for warranty claims or issue resolution is the responsibility of the customer.
The customer must bear all transportation costs associated with warranty claims.
To the extent permissible by applicable law, the mattress is provided “as is” and this warranty and any implied warranties are your exclusive warranties and replace all other warranties or conditions, express or implied.
Any implied warranties on your mattress by DuraFoam, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, shall not exceed the term during which this limited warranty is in effect. The retailer through whom you have purchased the product has no authority to extend or modify the defined warranty terms. No extension or modification of this limited warranty shall be authorized by or binding upon DuraFoam.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and except as set forth in this limited mattress warranty, in no event will DuraFoam or its suppliers be liable for procurement of substitute products or other special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages arising out of or related to the mattress or its use by you or any third party, whether under theory of contract, tort (including negligence), indemnity, product liability or otherwise.
This limitation will apply even if DuraFoam has been advised of such damages and notwithstanding the failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy.
In case of conflict, the Company will responsible to the amount only paid during purchase. The Company will not be responsible for providing transportation cost or emotional or physical damages that occurred due to the mattress, if any.
Limitation of Liability:
Financial responsibility is strictly limited to the precise value of the purchased mattress, regardless of the circumstances leading to the claim.
Under no circumstances will DuraFoam be liable for any additional costs, consequential damages, or expenses incurred by the customer, beyond the original purchase price of the mattress in question.
This warranty is only valid within the jurisdiction where the mattress was originally purchased.
DuraFoam reserves the right to improve or modify mattress models without prior notice.
The terms of this warranty may vary according to local regulations.
All local proceedings pertaining to this matter shall be conducted within the jurisdiction of Lahore City, where Company’s Principal Office/ Registered Head Office is located. This decision aligns with the established legal framework and ensures that due process is adhered to with the utmost formality.
- Contact Information: For any questions or assistance regarding warranty claims, please contact or WhatsApp at our helpline 042-111-888-777.
Thank you for choosing DuraFoam. We are dedicated to providing you with superior sleep comfort and ensuring your satisfaction with our products.
By purchase of Company’s product(s), the Costumer hereby acknowledge acceptance of warranty of said product subject to terms and conditions mentioned hereinabove.